Saturday, August 28, 2010

facelift.

It's been a couple of weeks of projects around here. Staying up until 2 am for a week and half straight, hosting my step-dad who graciously came to help with the bead board, trim and baseboards and re-doing my room. I am still tired but so excited phase 1 is complete. I wish I had taken before and afters of the doors in my hall way to the bedrooms and the bathroom doors. The top photos show my doors and Grace's door. They were all oak with oak trim and I painted the trim white and we got all new doors. I also painted the hallway a light grey with new white baseboard. It looks so much prettier and open. Just my speed. Up next...the hall bath! I'm going to attempt this in the next couple of weeks but will take better before pics.


The first hutch is from Troy's Grandma, Bonnie. I re-purposed it for a dresser as I got rid of my dresser and two nightstands. A touch of paint and new glass hardware makes it like new... Here is our bed. It is pine and I removed the iron leaves and painted it white. So much more me! The pink tile is gone and so is the oak vanity and it it's place is dark wood vanity with granite top. Yeah!



Be back soon for the end of phase 1...

3 comments:

  1. HOLY cow!! i remember exactly how everything looked before. all i can say is WOW! so modern and so very you. that was a heck of alot of WORK girl! my goodness. can't wait to see phase two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rochelle....I'll have you know it took me a good 5 minutes to figure out how to write a comment. BUT I love you so I found out how. It looks awesome! I can't wait to come see the improvements in person

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the new vanity Rochelle - that is the kind of creative touch I need in my guest bathroom renovation. Do you make house calls?

    ReplyDelete